Here are some books that I've found extremely helpful. For some reason, they all have colons and very long titles. Enjoy!
- Screenplay: The Foundations of Screenwriting
- by Syd Field
- The Art of Fiction: Notes on Craft for Young Writers
- by John Gardner
- Making Your Own Days: The Pleasures of Reading and Writing Poetry
- by Kenneth Koch
- Steering the Craft: A Twenty-First-Century Guide to Sailing the Sea of Story
- by Ursula K. LeGuin
And some world/name/culture generation tools.
- donjon; RPG Tools
- A smorgasbord of generation tools that is not responsible for marriages.